Our amazing family of Kampung Elves work together behind the scenes to grow KampungKakis' presence across Singapore, expand our partnerships, build a warm and engaging community and ensure our kaki-matching operations run smoothly.
We welcome anyone with the right attitude, values and skill sets to join us in our mission of reigniting the kampung spirit and building a resilient and inclusive community network! Check out our team values and roles below.
If you've made up your mind to join us, contact us and we'll be in touch.
- Growing KampungKakis volunteer base islandwide
- Develop a growth strategy for recruiting more kaki volunteers and strengthening our volunteer kaki base. Identifying key focus areas or actions that will drive the greatest impact.
- Work closely with Marketing and Operations teams to plan and roll-out volunteer recruitment campaigns
Self-starting, creative and excited by the opportunity to see tangible outcomes of your effort and actions. You are able to prioritize well and methodical in executing your plans to reach your goals. Growth hacking experience is a bonus!
- Reducing volunteer kaki attrition
- Increase volunteer engagement and support towards KampungKakis
- Develop a volunteer engagement plan to keep our base of over 1,000 volunteer kakis engaged and interested in continuing to support KampungKakis
- Organize volunteer training sessions to equip our volunteers with useful skills and resources
- Manage our KampungKakis Telegram chat
- Follow-up with matched volunteer kakis on their progress and remind them to check in on their kakis-in need
Self-starting, creative and excited by community-building. You have a zest for bringing people together and keeping the kampung buzzing. You are full of energy and warmth - a pocketful of sunshine!
- Ensure that all kakis-in-need are matched as quickly as possible to a kaki volunteer
- Match any new kaki-in-need in our base with potential volunteer kakis, using the set of tools and operational processes that we have detailed.
- Work closely with our beneficiary engagement team to ensure that our core buddy system operations are smooth and complete.
Self-motivated and excited to be an important cog in our well-oiled match-making machine, You have a strong sense of urgency, understanding that some beneficiaries' needs are time-sensitive and our reputation as an efficient buddy matching system for other social service organisations are at stake. Technology doesn't scare you (you won't need to code, but you should not have any difficulties learning using a new software).
- Increase resources that are beneficial to our kakis-in-need
- Increase utilization of our curated resources
- Maintain our KampungKakis Resource Kits Google Drive folder and Infographic, ensuring that they are up-to-date and organized in a manner that is easily searchable and understandable for our volunteer kakis
- Partnership management: Source and liaise with other organisations that can provide relevant resources
- Work closely with the volunteer community engagement manager to remind volunteers to help their kakis-in-need leverage our resources.
Resourceful, self-starting and organized. You are excited to bring together partners and resources that will improve the lives of our kakis-in-need. You hate seeing good things go to waste. "Good things must share" is your motto!
- Apply tech to make KampungKakis' core operations more efficient and automate processes where possible
- Identify areas of our operations that can be improved with better tech application, removing manual processes where possible.
- Develop a tech architecture for KampungKakis to scale up our operations
- Ensure the security of our database and operations
A tech for public good enthusiast! You have a strong technical background and enjoy tinkering with both front and back ends. You are also not averse to working with other techies or the rest of the team (basically still a good team player!). You know how to test and implement new tech ideas without disrupting the ongoing core operations. You love exploring and doing what's right, without having to be told to do things specifically.
- Making KampungKakis the most well-designed non-profit in Singapore, inside and out!
- Proactively map the user journeys of our volunteers, partners and kakis-in-need and working closely with the tech lead or other team members to solve any pain points
- Maintain and improve our KampungKakis website and webforms to increase usability and reduce bounce rate
- Help with ad-hoc design needs (e.g. designing stickers or greeting cards)
A creativesoul with a keen eye for beautiful things. You have tangible design skills (you can draw and know how to use design softwares). You are empathetic and can put yourself into the shoes of our users.
- Increase and maintain close partnership with our beneficiary referral partner agencies such as AIC, TOUCH Community Services etc.
- Manage the relationship with our partner agencies, assisting them with kaki-in-need referrals, and ensuring that their referrals are promptly attended to by our matching operations team, and responding to their queries and emails
- Feedback on our kakis' progress to partner agencies and help them realise the value that our volunteer kakis
- Work closely with our beneficiary engagement team to keep them informed about the new kakis-in-need referred by our partners.
- Reach out to more partner agencies that can benefit from referring their beneficiaries to us
You are professional in your working style, and able to represent KampungKakis in a positive, efficient and helpful light towards our partner agencies. You also have a sense of urgency to respond to referrals from these agencies. Bonus points if you have some social work experience or have a good understanding of how social organisations operate.
We rely on our Kampung Chiefs to drive awareness of KampungKakis in the neighbourhood and identify or help those in need on the ground. If you'd like to be a Kampung Chief for your area, click on the link below to find out more! You bring the spirit, we bring the tools :)
Be proactive and takes the initiative to do what is right and needed. Take ownership instead of waiting for leadership.
Collaborating internally and externally to create win-win situations for all. Going above and beyond to help each other. Recognizing that we cannot move the needle alone.
Protecting the data privacy of all our kakis. Operating in good-faith and trusting our kakis, but swiftly taking action once compromised.
Having a sense of urgency with assigned tasks, and responding to the needs of our kakis-in-need in a timely manner
Strong work ethics. Striving to deliver the best for our kakis, partners and our team mates. Upholding the reputation of KampungKakis.