With just a 3-person founding team, it is almost impossible for us to reach those in need on the ground across Singapore on our own! We need big-hearted and community-minded people like you who can help us increase awareness of KampungKakis in the estate. We hope you'll own KampungKakis in your estate like your own and ignite the kampung spirit in ways you see fit. Our hope is for you to initiate and manage this in your estate within your means, and if you are able to form a small team in your area to help with community outreach, that would be wonderful!
Some guidelines on the responsibilities include:
1) Help to take ownership of their own neighbourhood estate by checking in regularly with the beneficiaries and volunteers
2) Assist in screening both parties and highlight the safety guidelines to ensure safety of all throughout course of volunteering
3) Be proactive in engaging with potential organisations to reach out to more beneficiaries and volunteers
4) Be ethical and responsible for safeguarding the interests, privacy and safety of all kampungkakis in your estate
Our vision is for you to be able to connect with kampungkakis in your estate and bring your community together to spread kindness and support one another. Our team is here to support you with the tools you'll need to be successful!
In the spirit of volunteerism, we do not impose any commitment on our kakis and chiefs alike. We imagine our Kampung Chiefs to be intrinsically driven by a desire to build a kampung spirit within their community, and will do their best to help us tackle the challenges of reaching folks who may be falling through the cracks.
To help our kampung chiefs stay connected, we host an optional bi-weekly virtual meeting.
All we ask is if you are no longer able to fulfil the role of a Kampung Chief or no longer interested to help us, to let us know so we can garner more support for your estate.
Here are some ways you can help us reach more people-in-need as our Kampung Chief:
1) Reach out to your RC/ CC and let them know that you would like to implement our initiative in your estate and seek their approval to put up our posters (we have them in 4 languages!) on notice boards and lifts around the estate.
2) Approach your RC/ CCs to ask if we can give out our flyers (or leave a stack for their distribution) at community events (e.g. mask collection drives etc.)
3) Approach any hawker stores/ markets or retail/ merchant organisations around you and ask if we can leave a stack of flyers with them to give to their patrons.
4) If you know of any other welfare organisations (such as TOUCH, REACH, Senior Activity Centers) in your estate, connect with them and let them know how KampungKakis can help.
5) Keep a lookout for any vulnerable residents in your estate and sign them up if you think they can benefit from having a kaki to look out for them
Here are some ways you can help us grow the volunteer kaki community in your estate:
2) Let your neighbours know about KampungKakis, leave them a note on their door!
You can download our flyer and poster designs here.
1. Give a shout-out on our volunteer chat and ask if a kaki nearby has a colour printer
2. Ask your CC if they can help you with the printing
3. Print at a print shop
4. If all else fails, we will find a way to deliver them to you!
We have secured grants to reimburse printing costs (and ink if you use your own home printer), just send us the receipt and a photo proof of what you have printer for distribution. If you need reimbursement, please always let us know before printing.